CHLORINE DIOXIDE (ClO2) FOR COOLING TOWER TREATMENT
Cooling tower’s high temperature and permanent scrubbing of nutrients create an ideal environment for the growth of several pathogen organisms (like legionella). Microorganisms may cause serious problems in cooling water circulation system:
• Buildup of odor episodes and slimes caused by Increased microorganism population.
• Loss of heat transfer, due to the low thermal conductivity of the biofilm and inorganic deposition.
• Increased corrosion rates, due to electrochemical cell formation in the biofilm and blocking of contact of any corrosion inhibitor with the metal.
• Increased pumping energy required to circulate the cooling water in the presence of a biofilm which has a high friction factor.
• Lack of microbiological control the water circuit may impose unacceptable health risks, such as the formation of Legionella species, which in turn may lead to an outbreak of Legion- naires’ disease, a frequently fatal form of pneumonia.
So controlling and preventing the growth of microorganisms in a cooling tower system is extremely important for health reasons and to keep the system running in optimal conditions. Cleaning and disinfecting pipes mean higher heat exchange efficiency, pump lifetime improvement and lower maintenance costs. Chlorine Dioxide is the ideal product for cooling tower treatment.
Advantages of ClO2 Compared to Other Disinfectants For Cooling Tower Treatment:
1.ClO2 is a very powerful disinfectant and biocide.It prevents and removes biofilm.
Chlorine, bromine and compounds like glutaraldehyde has been used to treat cooling tower water. Unfortunately, these chemicals are highly reactive with other chemicals and organics in the water. These biocides lose much of their ability to eliminate the microorganisms in this condition.
Contrary to chlorine, chlorine dioxide is very non-reactive to other items found in the water and fully retains its microorganisms killing efficacy. Likewise it is also a superior biocide for removing the biological film layers, “slime layers” found within the cooling tower system.
2.Unlike chlorine, Chlorine dioxide is effective at pH between 4 and 10. No dumping and filling with fresh water required.
3.Less corrosive effects compared to other disinfectants or biocide.
4.The bactericidal efficiency is relatively unaffected by pH values between 4 and 10. Acidulation is not required.
Chlorine dioxide can be used as a spray. Sprays can reach every parts and corners. And last but not least: less environmental impact.
YEARUP ClO2 Products for Cooling Tower Treatment
A+B ClO2 Powder 1kg/bag (Customized Package is available)
Single Component ClO2 Powder 500gram/bag, 1kg/bag (Customized Package is available)
1gram ClO2 Tablet 500gram/bag, 1kg/bag (Customized Package is available)